FEE STRUCTURE of LUMS
LUMS attracts most of my students and so I’m frequently asked about the details and the fee structure of the undergraduate program there. Before I walk you through the fee structure along with other costs, let me give you a few other points that you’ll need to know.
- Tuition Fee at LUMS for all undergraduate programs is based on the number of credit hours taken.
- The cost per credit-hour at LUMS for undergraduate programs for 2018-19 is PKR 26,000/-. You will be responsible for buying your own books and other reading material.
- For all undergraduate programs at LUMS, full-time status requires 12 credit hours per semester. Students who have paid full-time tuition can take up to a maximum of 20 credit hours per semester without any additional charge (i.e. a student who has paid full-time tuition fee can take between 12-20 credit hours per semester without any extra charge).
- SBASSE undergraduate students will be charged Lab charges for the maximum of 4 years only. SBASSE students who require to take courses beyond this will not be charged any additional Lab charges (if 4 years lab fee has already been charged).
- Through an amendment in the Income Tax Ordinance 2001 by Finance Act 2013, advance tax (under section 236 I) shall be collected at 5% on the entire amount of fee (if Student Payable exceeds Rs. 200,000/- per annum excluding the amount refundable).
- In case of withdrawal from the program, fee will be refunded according to the fee refund policy available at LUMS website
- University fees are usually announced once a year, for the following academic year. However, fee rates are subject to change without notice
- Fee payment instructions are given on the fee voucher: LUMS also has an online payment facility
- Students that live outside Lahore are a priority when it comes to allocating hostel rooms as compared to the ones who live in Lahore
Now, let’s move on with the fee structure:
- The total cost of the undergraduate programs (12-20 hours) is Rs. 312,000/- (per semester) so that adds to Rs.624,000/- per year
- If you need additional credit hours the cost of per credit hour is Rs. 26,000/-
- The admission for undergraduate sessions is Rs. 72,700/- (One time charge)
- Undergraduate sessions require a registration fee of Rs. 23,150/- (per semester)
- Lab Charges (For SBASSE Undergraduate program only) will cost Rs. 59,950/- (per semester)
- Security Deposit (Refundable) for Undergraduate and Graduate program is Rs. 19,800/- (One time charge)
- Hostel Charges:
- A total of Rs. 34,800/- (Per Semester)
- Hostel Registration fee is Rs. 1,900/- (Per Year)
- Hostel Security (Refundable) will cost Rs. 17,300/ (One time charge)
FEE STRUCTURE of LSE
Now, let’s evaluate the fee structure of the undergraduate program at LSE. The following fee structure is one semester only.
Fee Per Course
|Micro Economics I||3||Rs. 30,000|
|Macro Economics II||3||Rs. 30,000|
|Financial Management 2||3||Rs. 30,000|
|OB and HRM||3||Rs. 30,000|
|Operations Management||3||Rs. 30,000|
|Total FEE for 6 courses||Rs. 180,000|
|Adjustable Advance Tax @5%||Rs. 9000|
|Total Fee/semester||Rs. 189,000|
FEE STRUCTURE of NUST
The following table will sum up the fee structure of the NUST undergraduate program.
|Engineering and Sciences||Social Sciences and Business|
|Admission Processing Fee||Rs. 35,000||Rs. 35,000|
|Security Deposit||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 10,000|
|Semester Fee||Rs. 90,000||Rs. 90,000|
- Reading material fee will be charged to undergraduate students of BBA and BS Accounting & Finance @ Rs.4350/year.
- Miscellaneous charges Rs.1800/- per Semester.
Payment of Student Fee
- At the time of admission, students have to pay the admission processing fee, security and full semester fee in advance.
- Invoice/Challan for admission charges along with first-semester fee and Provisional Selection Letter will be available on NUST website.
- Tuition fee will be payable on semester basis. Students have to pay their fee in advance before the commencement of semester otherwise they will not be eligible to sit in the class.
- Through an amendment in the Income Tax Ordinance 2001 by Finance Act 2013, advance tax (under section 236 I) shall be collected @ 5% on the entire amount of fee (if Student Payable exceeds Rs. 200,000/- per annum excluding the amount refundable).
- Advance tax paid on fee is adjustable at the time of filing of Income tax return. NUST will issue Advance Tax Certificate in this regard at year-end.
FEE STRUCTURE of GIKI
GIKI attracts a lot of students to its Engineering program which is ranked as one of the best in Pakistan. Here is the fee structure of the undergraduate programs at GIKI.
|Particulars||BS Program in Engineering & Computer Science||BS Program in Management Science only|
|Academic Year 2017-2018||Rs. 550,000||Rs. 505,000|
|Academic Year 2018-2019||Rs. 600,000||Rs. 550,000|
|Academic Year 2019-2020||Rs. 655,000||Rs. 600,000|
|Annual Fees (non-refundable, Tuition + Lodging charges)||Rs. 505,000|
|Security Fess (Refundable)||Rs. 25,000|
|Admission Fees (non-refundable) for Pakistani students||Rs. 58,000|
* Total fee for the first time would be Rs. 345,000 which comprises of Tuition fee of Rs.300,000, a refundable security deposit of Rs. 20,000 and Admission fee of Rs. 25,000
I hope this was helpful 🙂