LUMS attracts most of my students and so I’m frequently asked about the details of the fee and cost required to graduate from there. Before I walk you through the fee structure along with other costs, let me give you a few other points that you’ll need to know.
- Tuition Fee at LUMS for all undergraduate programs is based on the number of credit hours taken.
- The cost per credit-hour at LUMS for undergraduate programs for 2018-19 is PKR 26,000/-. You will be responsible for buying your own books and other reading material.
- For all undergraduate programs at LUMS, full-time status requires 12 credit hours per semester. Students who have paid full-time tuition can take up to a maximum of 20 credit hours per semester without any additional charge (i.e. a student who has paid full-time tuition fee can take between 12-20 credit hours per semester without any extra charge).
- SBASSE undergraduate students will be charged Lab charges for the maximum of 4 years only. SBASSE students who require to take courses beyond this will not be charged any additional Lab charges (if 4 years lab fee has already been charged).
- Through an amendment in the Income Tax Ordinance 2001 by Finance Act 2013, advance tax (under section 236 I) shall be collected at 5% on the entire amount of fee (if Student Payable exceeds Rs. 200,000/- per annum excluding the amount refundable).
- In case of withdrawal from the program, fee will be refunded according to the fee refund policy available at LUMS website
- University fees are usually announced once a year, for the following academic year. However, fee rates are subject to change without notice
- Fee payment instructions are given on the fee voucher: LUMS also has an online payment facility
- Students that live outside Lahore are a priority when it comes to allocating hostel rooms as compared to the ones who live in Lahore
Now, let’s move on with the fee structure:
- The total cost of the undergraduate programs (12-20 hours) is Rs. 312,000/- (per semester) so that adds to Rs.624,000/- per year
- If you need additional credit hours the cost of per credit hour is Rs. 26,000/-
- The admission for undergraduate sessions is Rs. 72,700/- (One time charge)
- Undergraduate sessions require a registration fee of Rs. 23,150/- (per semester)
- Lab Charges (For SBASSE Undergraduate program only) will cost Rs. 59,950/- (per semester)
- Security Deposit (Refundable) for Undergraduate and Graduate program is Rs. 19,800/- (One time charge)
- Hostel Charges:
- A total of Rs. 34,800/- (Per Semester)
- Hostel Registration fee is Rs. 1,900/- (Per Year)
- Hostel Security (Refundable) will cost Rs. 17,300/ (One time charge)
I hope this was helpful 🙂